Sunday 12 January 2014

MY HOLIDAYS

This was how I spent my first December holiday after I entered RV. It was not too bad and I actually had a lot of fun! For the whole of November, I had to go back to school every week for two to three days for choir practice, to prepare for our year end concert, CANTARE, with guest choirs from Dunman High. All of the practices were full day practices. It was the first time I had to return to school so many times during the holidays and it was really tiring for me. However, all the hard work seemed to really pay off when we were having our concert. It was really a great experience for me and I hope to do it again!


Other than that, I went on an overseas holiday trip to Gold Coast with my family! We were there for about a week and the whole trip was really exciting as I have never been to Australia before. We went to quite a few tourist attractions including theme parks and national parks and I am going to share some of the more memorable moments.
The first place I visited when I reached Australia was Byron Bay in New South Wales. 
The beach and lighthouse there was so beautiful and I couldn't help but take some pictures of it. There were many shops and restaurants there too. I realised that a lot of people in Australia like to surf, even children!

Another place I visited was Movie World! It is a well-known theme park in Gold Coast and I had so much fun there. I went on many thrilling rides and met many movie characters including Batman, the Scoobi Doo and many more. 

One of the shows I watched there was 'Hollywood Stunt Drivers'. It was so amazing watching the drivers perform stunts on their cars which seemed to be done so effortlessly. The whole set was filled with the smell of burnt rubber tyres and their screeching sound. My cousin even got the chance to take a ride on the car while the driver pulls off some stunts beside her!

As I was about to get ready to leave the theme park with my family, the sky suddenly turned really dark and something I would never even dream of, happened. There was a hail storm! It was the first time I saw so many pieces of ice fall from the sky and it was actually pretty dangerous. I could even feel slight pain when I was gently hit by the ice cubes.
 It was so cold!! Look at all the ice on the grass! XO
Well, these were some of the highlights of my holidays. Hope you enjoyed reading it and I really look forward to our OELP trip! :)

-Gwen Su (18)
2E

No comments:

Post a Comment